Mandan Park District is a great place to work and play!
Our staff is committed to providing quality parks and recreation for the community of Mandan and its visitors. If you are looking for a career in recreation, promoting healthy lifestyles and community, the Mandan Park District is the perfect place for you to work! Whether you are looking for a full time career, something to do while the kids are in school, or looking for a little extra income in the summer or after school, we may have something for you!
*Prior to filling out the online application please save document to computer rather than filling out the form in the browser.
Guest ServicesRAGING RIVERS
Location: Raging Rivers Waterpark
Rate: Starting at $10.00/hour
Hours: 11:30am - 4:00pm or 3:45pm - 8:30pm
This position is an entry level position into the Raging Rivers Waterpark and the Mandan Park District. The position is responsible for Guest Relations related to various aspects of the daily operations of the Waterpark.
- Provide accurate transactions regarding entrance fees using a complex computer registration and tracking system.
- Provide accurate transactions regarding the sales of refreshments, concessions, and other necessary Waterpark accessories.
- Provide the safe usage of the water slides by monitoring starts, monitoring proper usage of the equipment, and enforcement of the posted rules.
- Proper handling of financial transactions, both credit card and cash.
- Proper handling of a cash bank by providing appropriate cash back on transactions, by providing proper paperwork related to the cash bank at the beginning and the ending of shifts, and by providing that you are the only person working under your transaction identification.
- Proper handling of food items including, but not limited to, proper glove usage, proper delivery of food, proper storage of food, and proper usage of stored and dated food.
- Provide clear and appropriate direction when enforcing rules related to the proper usage of the slides.
- Provide appropriate assistance in opening and closing of the Waterpark and the areas related to work responsibilities. This includes following any and all posted opening and closing procedures.
Minimum requirements * Currently only hiring Guest Service Attendants that are 16 years of age or older
- Knowledge of computers and the ability to learn new computer programs.
- Sixteen (16) to be a Slide Agent per North Dakota Department of Labor regulations.
- Ability to follow directions of Leads and Supervisors despite their age in relation to your own age.
- Ability to work daytime, into the evening, weekends, and the Fourth of July holiday.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to relate and communicate with people of all ages.
- Ability to work for long periods of time in a standing position.
- Ability to work in the heat and sunshine for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors during any shift assigned.
- Ability to attend all trainings as assigned.
- Ability to communicate scheduling needs prior to being scheduled.
- This position reports directly to the Shift Lead and the Facilities Supervisor ~ Aquatics.
- Additionally, this position may receive direction and supervision from any full-time staff member in the Park District including, but not limited to, the Director, Accounting, Marketing, Recreation, and Parks personnel.
Work and physical demands
- Work indoors and outdoors.
- Stock concessions products, which includes occasionally moving heavy boxes.
- Lifting boxes and concession products out of deep freezers.
- Standing for extended periods of time, both indoors and outdoors.
- Any shift hours, generally scheduled between 11a. to 830p., seven days a week.
- Training shifts as assigned. Training shifts are scheduled outside of the generally schedule hours of 11a. to 830p.
- Weekends and the Fourth of July
- Special Events as assigned
How to Apply
We are always looking for great candidates to fill positions. If you are interested in this opportunity at Raging Rivers Waterpark, please fill out a Mandan Park District application and email it to Tyra at email@example.com or you can drop it off at the Mandan Park District offices at 2600 46th Ave SE, Mandan, ND 58554.