Mandan Park District is a great place to work and play!
Our staff is committed to providing quality parks and recreation for the community of Mandan and its visitors. If you are looking for a career in recreation, promoting healthy lifestyles and community, the Mandan Park District is the perfect place for you to work! Whether you are looking for a full time career, something to do while the kids are in school, or looking for a little extra income in the summer or after school, we may have something for you!
*Prior to filling out the online application please save document to computer rather than filling out the form in the browser.
Location: Raging Rivers Waterpark
Rate: Starting at $11.50/hour
Hours: 11:30am - 4:00pm or 3:45pm - 8:30pm
This position is an entry level position into the Raging Rivers Waterpark and the Mandan Park District. The position is responsible for guest safety, facility safety, and the proper usage of the facility.
- Maintain proper certifications and keep them current.
- Provide safety for patrons and the facility.
- Provide proper first aid as needed in emergency situations.
- Provide the proper rescue response in emergency situations.
- Provide the safe usage of the water slides by monitoring starts, monitoring proper usage of the equipment, and enforcement of the posted rules.
- Provide appropriate assistance in opening and closing of the facility and the areas related to work responsibilities. This includes following any and all posted opening and closing procedures.
- Provide accurate transactions regarding entrance fees using a complex computer registration and tracking system.
- Proper handling of financial transactions, both credit card and cash.
- Proper handling of a cash bank by providing appropriate cash back on transactions, by providing proper paperwork related to the cash bank at the beginning and the ending of shifts, and by providing that you are the only person working under your transaction identification.
- Ensure that rescue equipment is in good working order. Follow the appropriate reporting channels for any damaged equipment or equipment that is not in working order.
- Lifeguard certification provided by the American Red Cross or other nationally recognized certification agency.
- Fifteen (15) years of age.
- Ability to follow directions of Leads and Supervisors despite their age in relation to your own age.
- Ability to work daytime, into the evening, weekends, and holidays, specifically the Fourth of July holiday.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to relate and communicate with people of all ages.
- Ability to work for long periods of time in a standing position.
- Ability to work in the heat and sunshine for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors during any shift assigned.
- Ability to attend all trainings as assigned.
- Ability to communicate scheduling needs prior to being scheduled.
- This position reports directly to the Shift Lead and the Facilities Supervisor ~ Aquatics.
- Additionally, this position may receive direction and supervision from any full-time staff member in the Park District including, but not limited to, the Director, Accounting, Marketing, Recreation, and Parks personnel.
Work and physical demands
- Work indoors and outdoors.
- Work in hot, humid environments both indoors and outdoors.
- Standing for extended periods of time both indoors and outdoors.
- Any shift hours, generally scheduled between 11a. to 830p., seven days a week.
- Training shifts as assigned. Training shifts are scheduled outside of the generally schedule hours of 11a. to 830p.
- Weekends and holidays, specifically Fourth of July
- Special Events as assigned
How to Apply
We are always looking for great candidates to fill positions. If you are interested in this opportunity at Raging Rivers Waterpark, please fill out a Mandan Park District application, obtain a copy of your lifeguard certification and email it to Tyra at email@example.com or drop it off at the Mandan Park District offices at 2600 46th Ave SE, Mandan, ND 58554.